ESOL 3 – Low Intermediate
- Reread texts from class (class journal, short readings)-Students will read them aloud then answer questions about the material.
- Review workbook exercises.
- Practice ‘ed’ on past tense verbs.
- Practice irregular verbs (students will have a copy of the list).
- Practice writing in complete sentences with a noun and a verb.
- Help them write verbal stories into English. Ask them to relate a story about family life or holidays or something that happened to them. Then help them write a story. Practice reading aloud.
ESOL 4 – High Intermediate
- Work on writing more complex sentences, adding details and description.
- Editing—Have students look for things they can edit themselves, rather than having the teacher edit for them, specifically: capital letters, periods, sub-verb agreement, verb tense and few other basics, depending on what the class has covered in the text.
- Practice writing paragraphs (with one topic and one clear main idea).